Our portfolio for Digital Photography is where we keep a record of all the work we have done in the class. All the photographs we take, all the projects we do, and any photos that we mess with on Photoshop we post on our portfolios. Along with posting each picture, we also have to write about it. We have to state what it is, what our ideas were, and any difficulties we may have experienced throughout the way. For this semester we posted several projects such as self-portraits, haunted Chavez, social issue, and lyrics. Other photos we posted were compositional tricks such as rule of thirds, leadings lines, macro, and extreme angles. Apart from this, we also posted photographs that we adjusted or messed around with in Photoshop.
I feel that my portfolio is neat and organized. It doesn’t look crowded, or like there is too much on it. As for the content I think I did an okay job on the actual pictures, but a better job on the writing. Although the pictures may not be excellent, I did feel that I learned many new skills that I did not have. For example, I learned more about the features cameras have such as macro. I also learned how to take more interesting pictures, and have a bigger effect on the people who see them. Besides this, I also learned how to fix the levels of pictures, how to make people appear to be ghosts, how to use the lasso tools to cut out parts of a picture and include them in other pictures, how to add text, and how to make a paintbrush out of anything you want. All these skills which I have gained will help me during next semester to make my pictures more effective.
I think what I was most successful in was interpreting art and art criticism. I think this was mostly because it had to do with our own opinions, and there was really no wrong or right. It was just what we saw, what we thought, and if we liked or disliked it. What I struggled most with was coming up with ideas of what to take pictures of. For example, for my self-portraits and haunted Chavez it was hard coming up with good, creative ideas.
Being creative and having better ideas is something I hope to improve in the next semester. I know it’s possible, but it’s just a matter of thinking deeply for a while. However, an area where I did see improvement was in my Photoshop skills. I came into the class knowing only one or two things about Photoshop, but now I have learned many more and will learn even more in the future. I learned many new things not only about Photoshop, but also how to take better pictures, and I know all this will help me in the next semester.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your portfolio is excellent! You have done so well this semester. As I look back over all your work, you show a very clear level of improvement with each assignment. They just get better and better. I really am impressed by the work that you are doing. Keep pushing yourself, and striving to be better, and that is what you will become. I look forward to watch you progress even more!
Post a Comment