Thursday, May 7, 2009

Personal Metaphor " Like the hands of a clock, following an everlasting routine"


(Like the hands of a clock, following an everlasting routine)
I chose this metaphor because right now I feel like everything I'm doing is the same. Everyday I wake up, go to school, go home and it starts all over again. It's all I did this year, everything was a routine, and nothing really changed as the year progressed. I think this metaphor really gets this point across because the hands of a clock always follow the same routine, and it never changes. The time may change, but the hands are still going around at the same pace, in the same direction. I know it will eventually change, but I like the quote too.
I am actually satisfied with this project. There are a couple things I could have changed, but overall it looks alright. I used a tutorial to create the clock and the clouds, and the paintbrush tool to create the grass. I think I did a good job with the composition, and the colors. It all seems to go. What I could have done better though was making myself more easily noticeable. When I look at the picture the last thing I see is myself, so I could make myself easier to spy. The most difficult part was figuring out how to make it seem like the clock was among the grass, and not make it seem like it was under it or on top of it. I like my final product though, I like the mood it creates.

2 comments:

Samaya said...

Aw. I like it. I like how you made the grass. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture it's really creative & I like how you turned yourself into the hands of the clock. Maybe you could have made the clock look a little more
3-D by adding a drop shadow or something, other than that I LOVE your photo. GOOD JOB! =)